These are a great vegetarian recipe that is easy to make & delicious.
(check out my facebook cooking group / catering here)
Ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 brown onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion flakes * 1/ 2 teaspoon dehydrated garlic * 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
* 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
* 1/3 cup plain flour
* 1 eggwhite
* 1/2 tsp chilli flakes * 1 tablespoon olive oil
* tabouli, yoghurt and lavash bread, to serve
1. Place onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, chickpeas, parsley, flour, egg white, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Using floured hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Serve with tabouli, salad, yoghurt and bread.
Recipe adapted from Taste