Fromager des Clarines is made from Mountain milk, yielding a smooth, very creamy cheese that is a must to serve as close to room temperature as possible, to release it's fresh white truffle butter flavors.
Fromager des Clarines is packed in a woodchip box like L'Edel de Cleron but is less pungent and more appealing to the less trained palette.
Serve it right inside the box, lifting off the edible top rind with a spoon. Scoop out the gourmet cheese with a crisp bread stick or onto your favorite water cracker or baguette.
Baked Fromager des Clarines
* 1 Box Fromager des Clarines
* 2-3 garlic cloves, halved
* Chopped rosemary
* Freshly ground black pepper to season
1. Remove cheese from the box and all packaging material.
2. Soak wooden box in water for 2-3 minutes to prevent it from burning in the oven.
3. Place cheese back into the box and make small cuts into the surface, then push garlic cloves into the cuts. Drizzle with white wine and chopped rosemary.
4. Bake in the oven at moderate temperature for about 15 minutes.
5. Dip chunks of crusty bread or thin slices of pear into the deliciously soft and fragrant cheese. Enjoy with sparkling wine or a luscious glass of red.