Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 lamb shanks
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste or 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cups diced vegetables: carrots, potatoes (scrubbed, skin on), parsnips, turnips, celery, capsicum, peas
- 3 litres stock
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
Heat oil in a large frypan. Add shanks and cook over a medium heat until browned on each side.
Put shanks in the slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on ‘high’ setting or 8-10 hours on ‘low’ setting. Add herbs.
Taste and season, adding more tomato paste and Worcestershire, if required.
Garnish with parsley stems or chopped fresh chives.