Inspired by the delicious Pea, shallot, basil, mint & air dried ricotta salad at Giuseppe Arnaldo & Sons. Yes, cold peas. But beautifully swaddled in a tumble of shallots, mint, basil and shredded air-dried ricotta. The perfect combination.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- 100gsm of Feta (I used Fage Authentic Greek Feta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cook orzo in plenty of boiling salted water for 5 minutes; stir in the peas; cook until pasta is al dente and the peas are tender, about 5 minutes longer; drain.
Melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in the mint and parsley; add in the orzo and peas; toss to coat; let cool and add chopped parsley & mint, freshly cracked black pepper and coarse sea salt & roughly crumbled feta. Drizzle over olive oil & serve.