|Ready to serve , seasoned well with Fleur de Sel|
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with the fresh oregano & sea salt and serve at once.
Dissolve 1 tablespoon tomato paste in the stock, and reduce the amount of lemon juice to taste. Substitute Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for the black pepper.