Aceitunas Picante (Chili Olives)
Servings: 4 cups
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice
- 680 grams black olives, cured **
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 cups olive oil
**(1.5 pounds for you Americans)
Soak the garlic slices in the vinegar or lemon juice for 24 hours.
Drain and mix in a large bowl with the olives, parsley, chili flakes, coriander and cumin.
Sterilize a 4 cup wide necked jar by rinsing with boiling water and drying in a warm oven (do not use a tea towel).
Spoon the olive mixture into the jar and pour in the olive oil.
Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks before serving at room temperature.
The olives will keep for a further month in the refrigerator.