- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Large egg
- 90g. butter, melted (Lescure)
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chopped roughly **
** I used Kennedy and Wilson white chocolate. (White Couverture)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180deg.C. Grease a muffin tin well with butter or spray oil.
2. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar to mix evenly. In another bowl. mix the buttermilk, egg and butter, raspberries and chocolate bits.
3. Pour buttermilk mixture into the flour and mix as lightly and as quickly as possible. The mixture must not be overworked to ensure the muffins are light in texture and to avoid breaking up the raspberries. There should still be a few lumps in the mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into a prepared tin, allowing the mixture to slide off the spoon. Do not shake the mixture off. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until light golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in tin for 3 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.