Recipe adapted from here: SBS Meat balls (polpette)
- 1 kg mixture of veal and pork mince
- Breadcrumbs 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup +++ see note) B
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 bunch of basil
- 1 Table spoon Worcester sauce
- 750 ml bottle tomato sauce (homemade if available)
- 1/4 bunch basil
- salt and pepper freshly ground
- 1 packet
Add all meatball ingredients to a bowl and combine by hand.
+++ Adjust the consistency by adding more of the breadcrumb mixture if too moist or another egg if too dry. Mix all together with a kneading action. Finally add a couple of tablespoons of the tomato sauce. Roll mixture into small balls.
Place the remaining tomato sauce and Worcester sauce in a wide pan and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat. Add the meatballs and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until just cooked through.
Cook spaghetti to instructions on packet.
Serve and garnish with torn basil leaves.