- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter or margarine, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 185ml can Carnation light & creamy evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate bits
- cocoa, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line twelve 1/3-cup capacity muffin pans with large paper cases. Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl. Add sugar and stir until well combined. Whisk butter, eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla in a large jug.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold through chocolate bits (see tip). Spoon the mixture evenly into prepared paper cases. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve lightly dusted with cocoa.
- These muffins are best eaten on the day they are made.