Made this recipe last night, super easy and from one of my culinary heroes Marco Pierre White.
Beef is a heavy meat, so it needs a heavier sauce. The combination of cream and Worcestershire sauce in this steak recipe complements the meat beautifully, and the peppercorns add an exciting hint of spice.
- 75ml Worcestershire sauce
- 75ml double cream
- ½ Chicken Stock Cube
- 10-20 green peppercorns
1. Pour the Worcestershire sauce into the hot pan and boil over a high heat until it reduces down by about half.
2. Add the double cream and bring back to the boil. You can tell the perfect amount of cream by the colour – it should be about the shade of a café latte. Season the sauce with half a Chicken Stock Cube, letting it dissolve into the mixture.
3. Let the sauce bubble and thicken a little, then add the peppercorns to taste. The more you add, the spicier it will be.
4. Put the steaks back into the pan, letting them heat in the boiling sauce for a few seconds, then remove from the heat and serve.
|I serve my sauce on the side, its up to you really how you like it.|