Surprising good for a first attempt.
Served with salted Lescure French Butter
(AOC cultured butter, from Poitou, France. Made as butter should taste, not full of water and frozen for years before being sold)
* 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
* ¼ cup skim milk powder
* 1 sprig of rosemary
* ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
* ¾ cup cold pumpkin
* ½ cup buttermilk
* ½ cup natural mineral water
* 2 table spoons of feta
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F).
2. Combine the flour, milk powder, rosemary & feta
3. Fold through the pumpkin, buttermilk and mineral water to make the dough.
4. Pat out the mixture onto a lightly floured board and roll out to a thickness of about ⅝".
5. Using a 2" scone cutter, press out 12 rounds.
6. Place these on a lightly floured baking tray and bake at 250°C for 12–15 minutes.
7. Serve with butter