※ Caramelised onion & orange relish
Amazing served with Eye fillet and steamed greens.
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 pound white onions, thinly sliced
* Fine sea salt
* 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
* 3 tablespoons orange juice
* 3 tablespoons water
* 1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onions and pinch salt; cook, stirring constantly, until onions begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in sugar and cook until sugar begins to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Add orange juice and water. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes more; stir in mustard.
Transfer conserve to a bowl and let cool before serving. (keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.)
Post a Comment