※ Roasted Spuds, Pumpkin Fleur de sel
Roasted in garlic oil.
Fleur de sel is a type of sea salt obtained by hand harvesting the "young" crystals that form on the surface of salt evaporation ponds. The harvesting of fleur de sel always takes place in the summer months when the sun is strongest. Most fleurs de sel claim to have higher mineral contents than table salts and often smell deliciously like the ocean.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Peel potatoes & pumpkin and cut into 5cm chunks. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until partially cooked (potatoes should be only just tender when pierced with a skewer).
- Drain well. Return to saucepan over low heat until any remaining water evaporates. Shake saucepan vigorously to rough up surface (this will make them crunchy when roasted). Alternatively, scrape surfaces of potatoes with a fork to create a rough texture.
- Pour oil into a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan into oven for 5 minutes or until oil is hot. Working quickly, add potatoes to hot oil. Use tongs to turn potatoes to coat in oil, then return roasting pan to oven.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Turn and roast for a further 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt. Serve immediately.