※ Chicken Dim Sims
- Dim sim (sum) wrappers (available from Asian supermarkets)
- Finely diced red chili 1 teaspoon or to taste.
- Tablespoon Fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 Cup grated cabbage
- 1 Large carrot grated
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 500grams minced chicken
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- Tablespoon coriander
- Tablespoon Vietnamese Mint
- Tablespoon Thai Basil
- 1 clove of black garlic.
Other filling suggestions - water chestnuts / onion / bamboo shoots / chives/
Combine all the chopped ingredients with the minced chicken, until it is evenly distributed.
Alternately place all ingredients into a mincer / blender
- then place spoonfuls of mixture in wrappers and wrap up.
- Place in pre-heated deep fryer until golden brown or steam until wrapper is almost translucent.
- Note that steaming takes a little bit longer to cook the meat than deep frying.
I placed mine in some broth I made with some vegetables and noodles and let them cook for 10 minutes.