※ Spinach & Feta Pie
- olive oil
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, leaves removed
- 250g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 75g low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 4cm deep, 20cm (base) ovenproof dish with oil. Half-fill a large saucepan with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water. Roughly chop.
Combine ricotta, feta, green onions, parsley, chilli, garlic eggs and spinach in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm in the centre. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
Place pastry over pie top to cover spinach mixture.
Brush with oil or a little melted butter.
Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Serve with salad leaves.
Post a Comment