My husband has a morning tea at work today & they were asked to bring some food that represents their country. So for Italian I came up with an Espresso / Choc Muffin topped with a chocolate ganache & a Ferrero Rocher.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 x 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 300g dark chocolate
- 300g sour cream
Place the chocolate and sour cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and glossy. Spread over each cake and set aside to set.
1. Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity) with paper cases.
2. Combine sifted flour and cocoa with sugar in a large bowl. Stir in egg, butter, sour cream, milk, chocolate, liqueur and coffee until just combined. Divide mixture among pan holes.
3. Cook in a moderate oven, 180C, for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn muffins out onto a wire rack.
4. Garnish with ganache and chocolate of your choice