The Field Guide to Victorian ProduceSells for $48.00
Selling for $20.00 + $6.50 shipping Australia wide
One part food media, one part mobile produce store, The Field Guide to Victorian Produce is the first comprehensive guide to Victoria’s regional produce and the people that grow, make and sell it.
The Guide makes it easy for anyone to be a locavore, to access quality produce from their food region, or to enjoy regional food tourism by going direct to the source. The Guide also connects growers to new markets by providing a platform for them to tell their story and sell their goods. In the name of localism and authenticity we celebrate quality regional produce, farming and a healthy life.
Full of great stories, recommendations by locals, beautiful illustrations, useful maps and two indexes the Guide is a valuable addition to the Victorian food sector – a much needed resource and a practical tool.
Our editorial reveals the fantastic produce accessible from Victoria’s small farms and independent producers, encouraging chefs and foodies to go to the source and to share their knowledge.
Our aim is to inspire Victorians, interstate and international visitors to look locally and to think seasonally so that they can discover the wealth of produce that Victoria has to offer.
By sharing the stories of over 300 Victorian Growers, Producers and Providers, our Guide helps to build connectivity in a valuable sector of our community. We aim to bring transparency, authenticity and provenance to the foreground.
– 354 pages high quality guidebook
– Independent and editorially driven (no charge to those featured)
– Contributions by leading food writers, photographers and illustrators
– 105 Grower profiles
– 179 Producer profiles
– 71 Provider profiles
– farm gates, farm stay and pick your own experiences
– food trails to 10 regions with yummy illustrated maps
– 11 interviews with leading regional chefs tips and suggestions
– a great resource section full of farmers’ markets, festivals and happenings
– Growers (independent farmers, heirlooms, special varieties, the who’s who of fresh)
– Food Craft (artisanal production, the who’s who of gourmet products)
– Chef’s selection (interviews with leading chefs to select their produce picks, spade to plate features)
– Providers (leading stockists, cafes, restaurants and distributors)
– Farm Gates (food destinations and growing places you can visit)
– Destinations (food experiences and travel)
– Events (farmers’ markets, festivals and happenings)
– Food trails (illustrated with maps)
– Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges
– Gippsland and Phillip Island
– Mornington Peninsula
– Murray Region
– Victoria’s High Country
– Great Ocean Road
– Yarra Valley / Dandenong Ranges
CHEFS INTERVIEWED INCLUDE:
– Stefanie Alexander, Alla Wolf-Tasker, Lewis Prince, Dan Hunter, Aaron Turner, Michael Ryan, Gary Cooper, Andrew McConnell, Stuart Bell, Stefano di Pieri.