※ Easy Blender Salsa
I'm finding easier ways to prepare delicious food now the little one is here I just don't have much spare time.
This salsa is great with corn chips, tacos etc.
I used some to marinate chicken before Barbequing the other night and it was super tasty.
- 4 Whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar (I also use apple cider vinegar or whatever I have)
- 25 Tomatoes whole (I used Roma, truss, cherry whatever I had)
- 1 whole Capsicum, Stem And Seeds Removed And Finely Chopped (red or green)
- 2 whole Jalapeños, Stem Removed, Finely Chopped
- 3 whole Habaneros, Stem Removed, Finely Chopped
- 1bunch Fresh Coriander, Loosely Packed washed stalks included
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chilli flakes (up to you if you want to add this, we like it hot)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1-½ teaspoon Salt
- 1-½ teaspoon Pepper (if your after a hot salsa use Cayenne)
- 9 jars 8-ounce Size Canning Jars With Lids And Rings***
*** I didn't use canning jars, just regular jars with metal lids (sterilized)
Add to blender as many tomatoes as you can fit. Blend for a few seconds till big pieces are brokken down and add to a big saucepan when finished.
Next I add the vinegar, capsicum, chillies , and spices & all other ingredients you can fit blend for a few seconds and dump in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and boil gently for about an hour mixture will be reduced an richer.
Remove from heat.Fill 8-9 jars (8 ounces each), leaving 1/2 inch head space. Process according to standard canning practices, in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
Keeps for about a year unopened, so really good way to use up an abundance of tomatoes.
Post a Comment