※ Lemon Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces or strips *
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon cordial (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder / I used dehydrated granules as that's all I had
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (I used more)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce / ketchup
- cornstarch, for dipping
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- lemon zest (optional)
Mix together the egg, 1T cornstarch, white pepper and soy sauce.
Place in a large size zip lock with the chicken and allow to marinade 10 minutes or more.
I marinated mine all afternoon. (4 hrs or so)
Heat oil in pan -- while it is heating dip each piece in additional cornstarch and place in frypan cooking till done and golden brown.
Mix first 4 sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
Add water, juice, and tomato sauce whisking to prevent lumps.
I added cordial just before serving as I felt it lacked that sickly sweet lemon taste of store bought sauce. (you can leave it out) I also added some lemon zest to give it that real boost.
Cook till thick and clear and serve with chicken over rice.
* Allow 1 chicken breast per person