Variation of previous recipe, now with beef and slow cooked.
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1 Tbs Hot sauce
- Pinch Smoked Salt
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 2 Cans Cola
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup tomato sauce
- 1 Jar apricot jam (small)
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dash liquid Smoke
- Pepper to taste
- About 8 - 10 large beef ribs *
- tablespoon olive oil
* You can use however many you want really. There is tons of sauce left over.
Brown off ribs in a hot pan with some olive oil.
While you are browning the ribs, combine all the other ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cook on low heat for about 4 hours or so. (I cooked mine a little too long and the meat was too soft. )
Take ribs out of slow cooker and place on a baking tray.
Simmer the remaining sauce in a saucepan until it reduces to a consistency that will stick to the back of a spoon. This can take quite a while so be patient.
Heat the oven (200 C)
Poor the marinade over the ribs and grill them for about 10 minutes each side.
Baste the ribs every now and them with the marinade.