※ Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chip Cookies
I use the Martha Stewart Basic recipe and slightly tweak it.
I use salted butter not unsalted.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (I used Fleur De Sel)
- 1 1/4 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel chips (I use Nestle Caramel Bits)
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until incorporated; fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
I then hand shape small balls then flatted them out. I press a few more chips onto the tops and then sprinkle with the salt.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Arrange 6 unbaked cookies, 3 inches apart, on each of two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are light golden brown, approx 15 minutes rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
|The ingredient that makes these sooooo good is Singing Dog Vanilla from TBD imports|