※ Peanut Butter Cookies
- * 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- * 1/2 cup (105 grams) light brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- * 1 large egg
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- * 3/4 cup (185 grams) peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- * 2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used Fleur de Sel)
OPTIONAL 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (I used salted) 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Method Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Beat in the peanut butter. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
Fold in the chopped peanuts & chocolate, if using. (If the batter is too soft to form into balls, place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until firm.)
Roll the batter into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet, placing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Then, using the tines of the fork that has been dipped in white granulated sugar, make a crisscross pattern.
Bake the cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container, for about a week. Freeze for longer storage.
Makes about 40 cookies.
Adapted from Joy of Baking